Project Proposal
The “Role” of Woman
Throughout the summer, I have collected eight books to inform my practice. Creating work based on each of these books does not seem realistic, but after reading the beginning of a few of these books, I have chosen to focus mainly on two books; Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez, and If Women Rose Rooted by Sharon Blackie. Invisible Women mainly focuses on data bias and how this affects women in everyday life, whereas If Women Rose Rooted focuses on more spiritual aspects of womanhood such as our connection to the land, the world around us and our history. Although these two topics do not necessarily connect directly, I find that both a scientific approach and a more traditional or intuitive approach relate in an interesting way, and consider many different aspects of womanhood quite effectively. I wish to also base myself on the prompt of The “Role” of Woman in order to further narrow down the topics I am reading about. This project serves to highlight the different sexist practices and expectations of women, but also the relationship women have with the world around them.
During this semester, I wish to work with various mediums such as printmaking, photography, textiles and ceramics. I wish to create the equivalent of 5 more complex artworks that allow for deeper understanding of these topics. In order to achieve this, I am planning on following this schedule;
September 20th - Submission of Assignment 1 - Project Proposal and 20 initial works/ideas/things relating to my proposal
October 18th - Project 1 & 2 completed and ready for critique
November 15th - Project 3 & 4 completed and ready for critique
December 6th - Project 5 completed and ready for critique
This is a rough outline that can be adapted based on the class dates that will be given on Friday September 20th.
Commentaires
Publier un commentaire