Updated Project Proposal

    Throughout this past year, I’ve felt robbed of my creativity, and part of that relates to the feelings of loss that I’ve been experiencing. The loss of personal identity, the lack of sense of belonging, the discomforts of sitting alone with oneself, the disconnect between body, mind and environment, and the loss of loved ones. These feelings were something I did not want to explore in my work, and yet they emerged nonetheless, therefore I am choosing to embrace them. The idea of removal having been noticed and expressed through critique of my current work allowed me to think more about the need to create around this topic alongside with my work shadowing Katie Bruce in her creation of an exhibition on her own grief. I originally did not feel comfortable exploring the topic. 

    With the time I have remaining, I wish to finish creating a large scale tooth which will serve as part of the group project, the bronze cast flowers I am currently working on as well as a print series on the grief or lessons I’ve learned throughout the last year. I am currently juggling between two ideas. My first idea is to print or collage on a deck of cards to go through the lessons I’ve learned and the things I am grateful to have found through grief. I am imagining this project hung within a space along with the bronze flowers. The other idea I am working with is to print letters to those I’ve grieved the most on a sheer paper and glue them folded potentially into an envelope on an image of a place that reminds me of them. This second print project will require more print testing. 


I am hoping to follow the following timeline for the final works;


Tooth - Completed for drying by November 24th - Fired to Cone 6 by December 1st


Playing Card Prints - Have lessons figured out by November 23rd - Printing, or collage between November 23rd and November 27th. Figure out hanging/attachment by November 29th.


Letters of Grief - Press flowers to dry by November 26th if decided upon. Have the letters fully written by November 27th. Have the printed letter portion of the project completed by November 29th. Have the photographs taken by November 30th. Have the photographs printed by December 2nd. Have glued by December 5th


Bronze Cast Flowers - Finish wax tree by November 28th. Finish the ceramic shell by December 3rd. Finish polishing and cleaning up the sculpture by December 12th.


Should I run into any issues where something gets postponed past the critique, everything will be posted to my blog by December 13th. 


Commentaires